2017 Oregon Corgi Beach Day
Benefiting the Oregon Humane Society
Date: Saturday, July 29 2017
Time: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Benefiting: Oregon Humane Society
Location: Cannon Beach OR, On the Beach between 1st St and Ecola Creek
Navigation Address: Cannon Beach Visitor Center, 207 N Spruce St, Cannon Beach OR
Let’s pack up our gear, picnic lunch and of course our Corgis and head out to Cannon Beach for the day! Nothing says Summer Fun like a mob of Corgis enjoying the Sun, Sand and the Ocean Breeze, while raising money for the Oregon Humane Society! All Corgi owners and lovers will be welcome to join us at the event.
100% of our Net Proceeds goes to the Oregon Humane Society
Our goal is to raise funds for the Oregon Humane Society so, we encourage a $10 donation to OHS at sign in.
COSTS: There is no registration fee, so your costs are what you choose to spend on DONATIONS, MERCHANDISE, RAFFLE TICKETS and SILENT ACUTION items.
LOCATION: Cannon Beach OR, On the Beach between 1st St access point & Ecola Creek, North of Haystack Rock. (Address noted is for the Cannon Beach Visitor Center/Chamber of Commerce and is near public restrooms.)
HOW TO FIND US: Look for the OHS and Portland Corgi Tents. You won’t be able to miss the mob of Corgis!!
Stop by the MAIN BOOTH and SIGN-IN so we can get an official count!!! Then stop at the Merchandise area to get your Corgi Beach Day gear, raffle tickets, bid on the silent auction or donate to charity.
PARKING: Use any PUBLIC or STREET PARKING on the north end of Cannon Beach. (Remember to obey posted parking restrictions.) Cannon Beach is a small coastal town, so plan to spend time looking for Parking.
10:00am Event Opens - Sign-in at the OHS Tent
11:30am Costume Contest - categories: TBD
12:00 NOON Group Photo - try to be there for the photo!
2:00pm Raffle Drawing - you have to be IN ATTENDANCE to WIN!
2:30pm Silent Auction - Winners Announced - you have to be IN ATTENDANCE to WIN!
- 4:00pm Event Closes - pack up and head out for a well deserved Corgi nap!
- Corgi Beach Day T-shirts, Stickers, Iron on Patches, and Lapel Pins
Raffle Tickets - $1.00
- Bring cash/credit for merchandise, donations, raffle tickets and/or silent auction items.
- Bring supplies for you and your pet (Poo-bags, beach toys, towels, sunscreen, swim/safety gear, water bowls, dog leashes, and/or playpens) .
- Food and Beverages will not be available/sold at the event. Plan to bring or buy food locally and bring lots of water for you and your dogs.
- Public Restrooms are 3 blocks away from the beach at the nearest access point (2nd street).
- Pack-in/out challenges for the closest beach access points: 1st street has a steep sandy slope and 2nd street has stairs.
- Plan to pack out everything you pack in, including pet waste and trash.
PET PARENTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE SAFETY AND CONDUCT OF THEIR PETS. PET WASTE REMOVAL IS REQUIRED.
Pet Owner/Handler Requirements: The Handler of any domestic animal must be responsible for their animal’s behavior and must exercise direct control over the animal while in the ocean shores state recreation area.
- “Direct Control "means that the animal is within the unobstructed sight of the handler and responds to voice commands or other methods of control.
- Domestic animal handlers must promptly leash animals at the request or order of a park employee and/or event coordinators.
- Handlers must prevent their animals from harassing people, wildlife and other domestic animals.
- Animals may not be hitched or confined in a manner that my cause damage to any natural resources on the ocean shore.
- Handlers are responsible for the removal of the animal’s waste while in the ocean shores state recreation area.
Share Photos & Videos using #OregonCorgiBeachDay2017
Items For Sale: (limited quantities will be available at the Beach)
- 5th Annual Corgi Beach Day T-shirts
- 4th Annual Corgi Beach Day T-shirts
- 3rd Annual Corgi Beach Day T-shirt
- Portland Corgi Meetup Iron on Patches
- Portland Corgi Lapel Pins
- Raffle Tickets - $1.00, 10-20 prize packs
Raffle tickets will only be available at the event.
We will also accept direct donations to Oregon Humane Society.
Click Shop Now for Pre-orders, limited quantites will be available at the event.
Support the Portland Corgi Meet-up Group
Be a Sponsor at the 2017 Oregon Corgi Beach Day
Oregon Corgi Beach Day reaches hundreds of animal lovers every year. This event is a fantastic opportunity to reach out to the animal-supporting community as well as show your support for the Oregon Humane Society, a respected nonprofit organization.
Please contact Jennifer Robinson organizer of the Portland Corgi Meet-up Group, (503) 964-3409 to learn more about the many sponsorship opportunities available.