PORTLAND OREGON CORGI MEET-UP GROUP
A group for Corgi owners to meet-up while we give our dogs a chance to socialize and play! Our online community is a place to share information about our Corgis, stay up to date on events, share photos, and more!
HISTORY OF THE PORTLAND CORGI MEET-UP
The Portland Corgi Meet-up group was founded Apr 9, 2007 by Corgi parent and lover Anna Anderson. Initially the group was Corgi owners getting together once a month at the Normandale dog park, in NE Portland, to enjoy the breed and learn more about the fun loving stumpy legged dogs. As the years passed the group grew and in and a second meet-up was started at the Hazela Dog park in Lake Oswego. The current group organizer Jennifer Robinson took over the group in May 2011 when Anna stepped down. Since 2011 the group has grown and changed from just a group of Corgi loving pet owners to be more involved in the community.
Our group of 800+ Corgi owners and lovers are active in the Portland Metro area. We have expanded our events to include supporting the local community by:
Participating annually in events that raise funds for Animal Rescues, Hospitals and Food Banks:
- Oregon Humane Society - Doggie Dash, OHS Santa Paws, Portland Corgi Walk in the Pearl
- DoveLewis Animal Hospital - Dogtoberfest
- Columbia Welsh Corgi Rescue - Portland Corgi Walk in the Pearl
- Pongo Fund Pet Food Bank - PIR Winter Lights Dog Walk Night
- Best Friends Animal Society - Strut Your Mutt in Portland
ORGANIZING CORGI EVENTS:
- Cannon Beach Corgi Day fundraiser for the Oregon Humane Society.
- Partnering with local colleges to host “stress relief events” where our corgis spend some time acting as therapy dogs for students.
- Participating in Holiday activities like the West Linn Holiday Parade.
Other all dog events posted as well as local Corgi hikes and walks.
- 1st Saturday at 10:00 am Happy Valley Dog Park, Happy Valley OR
- 1st & 3rd Sunday at 11:00am Dakota Dog Park, Vancouver WA
- 2nd Saturday at 1:00 pm Hazelia Dog Park, Lake Oswego OR
- 3rd Saturday at 10:00 am Normandale Dog Park, NE Portland OR
- Last Sunday at 10:00 am PCC Rock Creek Dog Park, NW Portland OR