Portland Oregon Corgi Meet-up Group.
A place for Corgi owners to get together while we give our dogs a chance to play! Our online community is a place to share information about our Corgis, stay up to date on local events, share photos, stories and more!
History of the Portland corgi meet-up
The Portland Corgi Meet-up group was founded Apr 9, 2007 by Corgi parent and lover Anna Anderson. Initially the group was Corgi owners getting together once a month at the Normandale dog park, in NE Portland, to enjoy the breed and learn more about the fun loving stumpy legged dogs. As the years passed the group grew and in and a second meet-up was started at the Hazela Dog park in Lake Oswego. The current group organizer Jennifer Robinson took over the group in May 2011 when Anna stepped down. Since 2011 the group has grown and changed from just a group of Corgi loving pet owners to be more involved in the community.
Our group of 500+ Corgi owners and lovers are active in the Portland Metro area. We have expanded our events to include supporting the local community by:
Participating annually in events that raise funds for Animal Rescues, Hospitals and Food Banks:
- Oregon Humane Society - Doggie Dash, OHS Santa Paws, Portland Corgi Walk in the Pearl
- DoveLewis Animal Hospital - Dogtoberfest
- Columbia Welsh Corgi Rescue - Portland Corgi Walk in the Pearl
- Pongo Fund Pet Food Bank - PIR Winter Lights Dog Walk Night
- Best Friends Animal Society - Strut Your Mutt in Portland
Organizing Corgi events:
- Coordinating 4 monthly dog park meet-ups:
- 1st Saturday 10:00am - East Side Meet-up @ Happy Valley Dog Park, Happy Valley OR
- 2nd Saturday 1:00pm - SW Meet-up @ Hazelia Field Dog Park - Lusher Farm, Lake Oswego, OR
- 3rd Saturday 10:00am - NE Meet-up @ Normandale Dog Park - NE Portland, OR
- Last Sunday 10:00am - West Side Meet-up @ PCC Rock Creek Dog Park, NW Portland OR